Family Picture

Family Picture
Pete, Tina, Theo, and Oscar

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Healthier Lifestyle

5 days ago Peter and I started something new. We decided to cut out most yeast- foods and desserts, and just extra sugar in general, out of our diet for a week and see how we felt. Yesterday, hump day, was the hardest. I wanted cookies and milk so badly. I almost caved. Almost. But I didn't.

Some things I have observed in the past few days:

I haven't gotten any headaches. 
I have more energy, which I used to clean out and vacuum the car and weed in the front yard! 
I miss sweets, but have realized how much we over-sugar things - like oatmeal.  
I haven't been as stressed mid-day. 
It is just as easy to turn to healthy foods for snacks, as long as you shop for and prepare them. 
Eating healthy doesn't have to be bland. 
I can be more creative than I am when it comes to food. 
I have a serious sweet tooth, and I know I can't live sugar or yeast-free permanently. But I can cut down significantly and replace sugary snacks with healthful ones. 
It's a lot easier to change food habits with your spouse on board. Thank you, Peter, for supporting me! 
It's also a lot easier when you have a specific goal in mind. 
And when you notice improvements in health immediately. 
But life is still funner with sweets.

In a future post I'll try to explain why I am gradually changing my diet. I'll also post about what healthy meals and snacks I've come up with to replace the sugar. Stay tuned... dun, dun, dun! 



1 comment:

  1. That's cool, Tina that you are seeing so many improvements! Yeah, you should write some of your recipes! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete