Family Picture

Family Picture
Pete, Tina, Theo, and Oscar

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Nickel Auction Fun!

If you don't know what a nickel auction is, just watch this newsclip, then you'll get the idea: http://paulandtiff.blogspot.com/2009/04/nickel-auction.html

About a week and a half ago I hosted another neighborhood nickel auction. The entire week prior I went through all my closets so I could be ready to sell! And I made just over $20. I was pleased.

One of the hot-ticket items for sale was a hiking baby backpack.

Since I bought this skirt for $.01 at Old Navy and sold it for $1.55 at the Nickel Auction, I made a an amazing profit, ha ha!



You know what I spent my earnings on? A chocolate brown, leather coffee table/ottoman from the D.I. for $20. My favorite feature is the four storage receptacles. They've been put to good use holding movies, games, train tracks, and blankets for cuddling.








No comments:

Post a Comment