Family Picture

Family Picture
Pete, Tina, Theo, and Oscar

Monday, March 14, 2011

What a wonderful week it's been!

Peter was offered a full-time position as a mechanical engineer with L-3 Communications! We found out Thursday, and so the next day we went out to eat at Olive Garden to celebrate. We have no pictures, but we rave about the food to our friends and family. The casear salad is awesome, especially the dressing. The breadsticks are wonderful. The main dishes are perfectly moist and flavorful. But our all-time favorite dish is one of their appetizers: Mozzarella Fondutta. You've gotta try it! It's a bowl of four cheeses melted together with tomato and seasonings on top, and you pour it over little bagettes. I'm drooling. If you ever don't know what to get me for my birthday, a gift card to Olive Garden would be received with great enthusiasm. Anyway, back to Peter. He is pretty stoked about this job offer. I am so very proud of him because not only is he fit for the job, but he is also one of the hardest workers you'll meet, he's smart, and he just loves engineering. So now we have about 6 weeks before some big changes come along. Peter graduates from BYU Friday April 22nd, and the next day we're moving up to Salt Lake. We don't know where exactly yet, but probably near downtown so that Peter can bike to work and I can have the car, even though hopefully we'll live close enough to downtown that I won't have to use it much. (I'm not a fan of driving in Salt Lake.) What I'm looking forward to in our new place, whether that be an apartment or a home is a washer and dryer. That is the ONLY requirement I have. However, additionally, I would love to have a dishwasher, live on ground level (climbing stairs with bad knees, groceries and a toddler in tow is lame - o!), have a yard, and two bedrooms would be nice, although it'd probably be more of a play room and craft room rather than a sleeping room. Some of the complexes I've looked at even have a swimming pool, a fitness room, and a playground!!! That sounds so nice. But we'll see... We're not going to go all out just because we can afford it now. We're going to rent for a while and save for a house. We want to build it and buy it in cash in 7 years. I think we can do it if we're smart with our money. I know it's a lofty goal, but it's Dave Ramsey's fault. He inspired us, and we first heard of him through my brother. Anyway, if anything, we'll have a huge downpayment on our home.

Okay, I'm done jabbering. Here's what we did this week! 

#1 - Theo and I turned his learning tower into fort!












#2 - We all spent Saturday morning at the new Provo Beach Resort. We rode the carousel for a buck, and we played miniature bowling for 2.50. But Theo's favorite was the playground in the toddler area. No pic of that though.

#3 - Today, Sunday, the weather has been beautifully bright and sunny, so we played at a park! Theo loves climbing. He's been quoted by an onlooker to have "little sense of self-preservation." Pretty much.








 






#4 - Theo fell asleep on Dad and Theo cooking with Dad.









#5 - Lately, Theo's been waking me up around 6:30am and takes me by the finger to the potty. But just in the mornings. Once he's up and playing, he's too busy to take a break and go to the potty. I'm just glad he's aware whenever he goes and that he doesn't like being in a poopy diaper.

#6 - Shoes, Theo is really into them lately.


4 comments:

  1. Fun pictures! Congrats Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Theo with your shoes on. Jack loves wearing out shoes, it's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again, Peter! It's so exciting Peter's job, and fun, Christina, to hear about your moving plans and see your family working and playing together!

    ReplyDelete